Sunday 4 October 2009

Two Wheel Trauma

I decided it is time to face my fear of the traffic and learn to cycle in London!
This, I predict, will require perseverance courage and patience (mainly for my teacher).

Lesson number one saw me cycling from the Essex Road home via Shoreditch, through the busy streets of Bethnal Green and back along the canal. Sure it was a wobbly start - numerous apologies to fellow two cyclists Boldfor my sudden, warning free halts, a couple of near misses through inability to co-ordinate head turning and balance and the odd screech at pedestrians who made the fatal error of assuming I would give them right of way. Still, I made it home, unscathed and without swallowing any canal water - this, I deem a resounding success!

Along the way stopped in at SCP and ogled the many design pieces I covet:
Items I covet:
number 1:
Marcel Wanders Skygarden Light
number 2:
Bent wood chairs by Michael Thonet
number 3:
Drysdale modular Sofa system

All of which will be perfect in either of my dream homes in Provence on London!

No comments:

Post a Comment